Sony IMX317 | 8MP resolution | Dual stream | HDR | USB | Microsoft teams compliant | H.264
e-con Systems™, a leading embedded camera company, launches e-CAM83_USB, an 8 MP color UVC compliant USB 2.0 high-speed camera with dual stream support and High Dynamic Range.
e-CAM83_USB is based on Sony’s IMX317, a 1/2.5″ sensor. The dual stream capability of this 4K HDR USB camera allows it to receive two streams with different resolutions simultaneously. e-CAM83_USB also comes with the High Dynamic Range feature that helps to capture image data in challenging lighting conditions without any detail loss. The H.264 video encoding capability of this camera ensures high-quality transmission of full-motion video by consuming a minimal amount of bandwidth. This camera has a high-performance built-in Image Signal Processor which helps in providing the best possible output by leveraging HDR processing, auto white balance, auto gain control, and auto exposure functions.
This 4K USB camera ensures faster time to market for building Microsoft Teams compliant video conferencing devices. Also, this camera can utilize any DirectShow application including Skype and Zoom.
“The need for virtual and touchless interactions in the post-pandemic world increased the demand for video conferencing devices, telepresence & avatar robots, ATM kiosks, Airport kiosks, etc. These devices require cameras with features such as 4K resolution, dual streaming, HDR, and a high-performance ISP. We have designed e-CAM83_USB with these key features to help the product developers take their video conferencing and remote streaming devices to the market faster with this ready to integrate camera solution”, said Ranjith Kumar, product manager at e-con Systems™.
Key features of e-CAM83_USB:
- Dual Stream – This allows the camera to receive two streams with different resolutions simultaneously.
- High Dynamic Range – Helps to capture image data in challenging lighting conditions without any detail loss.
- 264 video encoding – High-quality transmission of full-motion video by consuming a minimal amount of bandwidth.
- Microsoft Teams compliant – Faster time to market for building Microsoft Teams compliant video conferencing devices.
- USB 2.0 interface – This plug-and-play HDR USB camera is compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems, and Industrial PCs.
- Image Signal Processor – Helps in providing the best possible output by leveraging HDR processing, auto white balance, auto gain control, and auto exposure functions
Have a look at the introduction video of e-CAM83_USB to learn more about the features and applications of the camera.
Dual streaming support, HDR, on-board ISP, and support for DirectShow applications make this camera an ideal fit for applications such as video conferencing, telepresence / avatar robots, ATM / retail kiosks and airport kiosks.
Customers interested in evaluating e-CAM83_USB, an 8 MP color, UVC compliant USB 2.0 high-speed camera with dual-stream support and High Dynamic Range, can purchase the product from e-con Systems’ online store. Please visit the e-CAM83_USB product page and click the buy now button to navigate to the website for purchasing the product.
Customization and integration support
With a proper understanding of customers’ pain points, e-con Systems™ also offers customization services for e-CAM83_USB that reduce your efforts on prototyping, product integration, and product deployment. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for any customization or integration support.